Saturday 5 January 2013

RENEWING YOUR
SPIRITUAL PASSION

Getting Spiritually Fit In The New Year # 4

 






And one called to another and said: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory! And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said: "Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts! (Isaiah 6:3-5)
Yesterday we saw that God is a holy God and therefore He does not mess with sin. However, holiness is not just about the avoidance of sin. Holiness is about living our lives set apart for God. It has to do with belonging exclusively to Him.

Following Christ is not just an add on to our lives. It is an exclusive domain. Christ demands that He be first in all things. And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent (Col 1:18). Holiness then is about living our lives totally under His Lordship. When we live fully separated unto Him we will reflect Him and His character in the world. Therefore our question for today directs our attention to how that holiness is being lived out in our daily lives.


Am I Demonstrating Genuine Holiness?

The opposite of sin is Holiness. Holiness is not a list of do’s and don’ts.    It is genuine separation of our lives for God. Your life is not about your comfort and your fun.    It’s about God’s glory and anything outside of the character of God and not for His glory is unholy.

As you seek to renew your spiritual passion you will want to ask yourself questions that will get below the surface to the things that may be an impediment to your living the kind of holy life fully separated unto God that you want to be living.

• Does God have any rivals, any competitors in my life?


• Is there anything that is drawing me away from Him.

• What’s my consuming passion?

• Is, is Jesus Christ my all consuming passion?

 

Prayer: Lord, may my consuming passion be You. Please remove all rivals.

No comments:

Post a Comment